- About IAR
- Institutional Research
- Business Intelligence Center
- Data Reference Desk (REF)
The Provost is designated as the policy officer for all data, university-wide. The governance council acts on behalf of the Provost to recommend a balanced, strategic approach to data practices and policy. The Council is advisory to the Vice Provost for Information Services, and through her, to the Provost. Membership is by invitation and substitutes are not appropriate. Expertise including legal counsel and audit is available to the council, and it may seat task forces and invite community input as it chooses.
The Data Governance Council will...
- Recommend policies for access, distribution and use of university data
- Recommend accountabilities and responsibilities for members of the university community as related to university data
- Recommend priorities for investment and effort as related to university data and information
There is a subordinate committee that will work in conjunction with the Data Governance Council. The Data Management Committee will focus on quality, and on determining process that enacts policy decisions made in the Data Governance Council. For example, if the Data Governance Council makes a recommendation on levels of access across the university to personnel or grade information, the Data Management Committee will recommend the processes by which this can happen.